Guy Overdosed on Sex Drug, Arrested at Phuket Airport

7th Jan 2018

AirAsia Plane

A South Korean national, with an American passport was arrested at Phuket International Airport on 4th January (Thursday) by the airport security guards, Saku Police officers, tourist police and Phuket Airport tourist centre staff after he was found naked in front of the toilet in the international terminal.

The man was approached by the security guards, the police and the airport staff, who tried to have the man calm down. However, he then started destroying some of the items from the nearby retail shop as well as belonging to the airport. To make things even worse, he even started defecating on the floor and throwing his feces at the staff, officers and even at the nearby passengers who were waiting for their planes.

To prevent the man from doing any more harm to others and to himself, the officers arrested the man. An announcement from the Phuket Airport said:

To control the situation and to prevent any danger that might happen to other passengers, the officers had to arrest the man. The officers brought him to the walkway on the north side of the terminal to avoid other passengers and managed to calm him down at the Tourist Centre on the first floor. When he regained his composure he admitted that he took too many Viagra pills and lost consciousness. However, we would like to insist that the officers did not harm the man when arresting him and a strict code of conduct was followed. All of the security officers are well trained, following international standards, and work alongside local police, tourist police, Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the AOT, consuls and embassies.

The South Korean was initially sent to the Saku Police Station, from where he was transported to the nearby hospital for treatment and examination. Once he recovered, the man offered to reimburse for any caused damages and accepted responsibility for what he did. He also admitted to overdosing on Viagra.

He was waiting for flight from Phuket to Incheon, South Korea. The staff did not harm the man while arresting him.